Monday, July 25, 2011

Purr

 My kitty-cat-in-tree-ness wasn't quite as severe as the last time I took a break. Fatigue and the sheer intensity of the disaster sends me into full retreat. But I'm thankful to have a pastor who excels at talking me down from branch to branch. And lets me watch the silliest TV shows for hours, and includes me in family meals and activities. 

His wife has the gift of always being real, which frees me to do the same. Friendship forms quickly with someone like that. 

And they have the best kids ever. Nothing ends the day better than a hug from Sweetness, or starts it better than a cheery greeting from Faith-man, or describes it better than an analogy from Mr. Science. 

Heading back to Iwaki City in a few minutes. 

I do believe I'm purring now. Thanks again, guys!

Ready. 

Huh. 

One of the pools is missing its plugs. 

We heard of a couple of kids who lost their mom in the disaster. 

There are major discussions going on about the sudden flood of kids in the assistance center cafe. Summer vacation just started a few days ago. 

An evacuee gave 100 yen to the assistance center as an offering. Widow's mite. A bit more than a dollar. What a huge gift. 

Another bike with training wheels has a new owner. He can't quite get the pedaling started without a push yet. Cutie pie. 

Made some twine dolls for a group of girls. You'd have thought Barbie herself had walked in. 

Yeah, I'm back. 

Ready was a bit much to claim. How about ready-esque?

God will keep us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment