Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pampered

Maine. Meeting so many friends, and just doing life stuff. Luxuriating in usable, undestroyed, everyday places. Seeing some friends who have changed drastically in the last four months, nearly as much as I have changed. 

Hearing some of my changes described to me. Some, I agree with. I do walk taller now. And "I don't think you're spooked anymore" was wonderful to hear, from someone who walked with me through some pretty jumpy times. 

Some, I'm remaining neutral. Like my writing. There are votes at both ends of the spectrum. Might as well stay in the middle. 

Some, not so much. Like brave. Nuh-uh. I just trust Papa God a whole lot more than I did before, so I scream later than I used to. 

All in all, I'm exceedingly pampered. Some dear friends fixed my car while I was gone, so I can casually browse around from town to town. Another is housing me. I'm in the land of Dunkin Donuts, which means way too much coffee. I even visited a friend who served me a bowl of lamb stew. And people listen to my stories. And the prayers have been over the top and wonderful. Just call me Princess. 

Yet it doesn't feel like home. Maybe it's because my heart is still divided. Part of it has always been in Japan, but right now, most of it lives there. 

I'll find out the final details soon, but it's semi-official now. I'll be heading back to Japan in a few weeks, this time to Miyako City in Iwate Prefecture. November to January. 

Love you all. Don't take this personally: I can't wait to jump back in. A couple more weeks of treasuring white folk, then off to a new place. 

Ah, luxury. 

No comments:

Post a Comment