Sunday, June 26, 2011

Acknowledgment

There's just one me. I'm backed by a lot more friends and family than I ever knew I had, and I'm in God's hands. My job is not to solve anything. It is to come alongside, pray for, and love the person in front of me. Who the person is, how many someones there are, and what loving looks like are God's business, not mine. My job is to keep my eyes and ears open and say what I see, to God and to all of you. Even if it's an overwhelming number of damaged houses with blue tarps. It is to rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 

Not much different from my usual role. Just swap in a disaster in Japan where life in Maine used to be. 

My sister said the first week is for jet-lag and the second is for looking around and finding out where you are. That pretty much sums it up. 

Which means that my adventure is just starting now. 

On the bus back to Iwaki, I picked up my knitting for the first time since I arrived in Japan. That's a good sign. A couple hours left before I arrive in Iwaki. Enough for a nap and a little more knitting. 

I didn't get here alone, and I'm not walking alone. Thanks for coming along. 

Chapter two. Ready. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your blog. I love reading it and knowing more of what to pray. Praying for the BBQ that is coming this weekend!

    Ganbatte and God bless you Rachel!

    Aloha in Christ,
    Adrienne (sleepy head)

    ReplyDelete