Tuesday, June 14, 2011

For us?

Unloading four trucks. Waxing a floor. I still haven't seen the disaster area, and I wasn't sure why. 

Then I saw a fellow volunteer struggling with a conversation, and stopped by to interpret for a while. That's how I met Matsushima-san and Makino-san. 

These two older ladies had come to pray and to encourage us. They sang with us, and marveled at getting to talk to fellow Christians from the other side of the world. We drew strength from them and they from us. 

They said they came without knowing exactly what they would do. And that our conversation was part of why they came. They aren't physically able to do volunteer work anymore. 

It sounded so much like my story. But I'm accustomed to seeing it from the viewpoint of the one who is sent. This time I got to see it as one of the recipients. I know that meeting these ladies was vital for the three of us who were there. 

Would God send someone just for me? What is ahead that He's being so gentle and tender with me? Their smiles have now been added to the energy reserves I'll use later on. 

I wanna be like these sisters of mine when I grow up. 

I wonder what's ahead? I'm looking forward to it even more now. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum...He careth for *ewe* as *ewe* careth for those for whom you have been sent! You're covered, coming AND going! What a mighty God we serve. Growing up is optional...but, we know that Life Wins. Choosing LIFE empowers *ewe* / *us* to GO... to GROW ...and to GLOW! GLOWIN' WITH THE FLOWIN' OF HIS RIVER! The River of God is FULL of WATER! The LORD bless *ewe* richly as you drink from the River of His PLEASURES! Love, P.

    ReplyDelete