Sunday, June 12, 2011

Almost there

One more step and it's real. Don't know why I'm insisting on personally experiencing it before deeming it real. Good thing God is patient with me. I think I pull this attitude on Him a lot too. 

Now I've spent a day with people who have been there, people who took the photos. 

I really, really hope it's just the jet-lag fog I've been swimming through since mid-afternoon. Because there was nothing matter-of-fact about those photos. My response is milder than it should be. 

But the anticipation is building. I've been awake several times tonight, not wanting to be late. 

Much has been said about doing what's in front of me. Of going to clean up the areas with milder damage because that's where life can resume quickly. (Triage is necessary but always sobering.) Of listening to one person at a time. Feeding this one. Washing one person's feet. 

Back in Maine, Maila said to remember that I'm a cell in a body. To do my part well, and not worry about the whole. That if the cell is well, the body will be well.  

So maybe my tendency to live in my own little world can be leveraged for good. Moving my little world to Iwaki City in a few hours to watch Life win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment