Monday, June 13, 2011

Stories

"My husband was swept away at teatime. Of course I loved Papa. Thanks for listening... My heart heals when I come here."

"My husband died back in February. Our cars got swept away. My daughter's car was OK, and we heard on the car radio that we needed to flee the radiation. Our first floor is gone. The appliances are ruined. But we're alive and didn't lose family, so our hardships don't count, right?"

(Oh yes, they count, grandma.)

"My baby is just a month old. They sent me to a good hospital. Do you have some diapers?"

"My boy is 4 months old. Man, dealing with a 1-month-old after the disaster was rough. Could I get some diapers and milk?"

"Our house wasn't hit by the tsunami. But the radiation... We can't go home. We could use water, rice, any food items... What do you have?"

"I just need shoes."

"I'm out of a job. The quake damaged the roof. I'm fighting a cold and need medicine and food. Don't have money for going to the doctor."

"My daughter was bouncing her baby sister when the whole car started bouncing. We'd already scolded her for bouncing the car when we realized it was a quake. Barely got away from the tsunami too."

(Hey happy mom. Thanks for letting me play with your two-year-old Ayumu (walk) and baby Mirai (future). Great names for a time like this.)

And that's just one afternoon.

My ears are gonna be busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment